About the organization
The Push is an Australian youth music organization and Melbourne-based registered charity. In three decades, we have helped more than 800,000 young people access contemporary music programs and events.
Our work is guided by our goal of giving every young person the opportunity to participate and thrive in Australian music.
As an organization, we believe in our principles of:
- First Nations culture and community are an integral part of how we work with young people in music.
- Young people are at the center of everything we do
- We are representative of contemporary Australia
- Our work has an impact, and we capture and measure our success
- We are responsive to challenges and new ideas and working methods
- We work together in respect and in collaboration towards a common goal
About the role
The Push is seeking an experienced Communications and Engagement Manager to lead a portfolio of activities including overseeing our organizational profile and branding, coordinating the marketing and communications strategies of high level, as well as direct supervision and support to the Youth, Communications and Engagement Officer.
The Manager, Communications and Engagement is a new position at The Push. The post will play a leading role in supporting the organization to achieve our new 2022+ strategy, effectively celebrating The Push’s history and its unique role within the Australian music community, as we expand to nationwide over the next four years.
Our dream candidate has experience leading and implementing strategic communications strategies in a social setting, has a deep understanding of effective marketing principles, has a strong attention to detail and is passionate about the offering opportunities for young people in contemporary music across Australia.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic communications plans and budgets, incorporating broad organizational priorities, goals and objectives that meet the Push 2022+ strategy
- Provide strategic communications advice to The Push CEO and Board of Directors
- Coordinate targeted marketing strategies across the organization that effectively reach the national audience of young people, the contemporary music industry and the organization’s alumni to achieve strategic goals and program outcomes
- Prepare press releases, talking points and news articles, respond to media inquiries and ensure effective media monitoring
- Oversee the preparation and execution of all communications to the public via digital channels (including website, EDM and social media platforms)
- Support the CEO in the preparation of speeches, presentations and executive reports, as well as the organization at large with writing, editing and proofreading of a range of campaigns, programs and reports
- Provide oversight and support to the Youth Communications and Engagement Manager, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of The Push’s social media platforms
- Lead end-to-end campaign planning and management, including working with designers and producers to develop effective visual content
- Adhere to and maintain The Push brand and style guide to deliver a cohesive approach that delivers a impactful profile and presence
- In collaboration with staff, capture and demonstrate the impact and results of The Push’s programs and events to position the organization for effective public advocacy and storytelling
Qualifications, certificates and licenses
The selected candidate must pass or have up to date:
- Relevant higher degree and practical experience in communication and / or marketing
- Working with children
- Victoria Police Background Check
- Full Australian driver’s license
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development and implementation of strategic communications plans and budgets to achieve organizational goals in a social purpose setting
- Excellent communication skills to deliver written content using clear and grammatically correct language, as well as the ability to convey information in a way that understands and meets the needs of target audiences
- Previous experience using customer relationship management software such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a small team environment, creating a supportive work culture that functions well, is motivated and achieves organizational plans and goals
- Great ideas to support The Push to achieve our organizational goal of giving every young person the opportunity to participate and thrive in Australian music
How to register
To apply for this position, upload a copy of your CV and cover letter meeting each of the key selection criteria addressed to Kate Duncan, CEO, The Push Inc via https://www.thepush.com.au/join-our – team
Applications close on Friday January 14, 2022 at 5 p.m.
For inquiries regarding this role, please contact Kate Duncan, CEO, The Push [email protected] or call (03) 9380 1277.
The Push is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation. , sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or other undeserving factors.
Le Push is a safe organization for children, and the Preferred Applicant will need to have a Child Work Permit. Additionally, the preferred candidate will be required to undergo a Victoria Police background check.
This position is subject to a 3 month performance review and is an unassigned position that falls under The Push’s individual employment contract.